Call for Price.
It is a highly effective peeling agent with the benefit of being in a 10% gel form for a more controlled application, without the typical irritation from a synthetic formulation. Salicylic acid is an excellent “pore cleanser” due to the fact it is lipophilic (oil soluble), so it penetrates sebum filled follicles. It is anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial. It is well tolerated by all skin types (Fitzpatrick I-VI). It is excellent for treating acne, large pores, fine lines, acne scars, melasma, and post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. It may be used on rosacea due to its anti-inflammatory effec t, but use with caution (limit application time up to 1 minute during first use). It has a 2.3 pH.
Skin Types: Acneic
1) Not recommended for use during pregnancy.
2) Do not use if client/patient is allergic to aspirin.
3) Do not use if client/patient has a known allergy to AHA’s or BHA’s. Patch test for at least 24 hours if any doubt.
4) Discontinue Retin A for at least 3 days before peel.
5) Client/patient must be off accutane for 1 year before any peel.
1) Cleanse skin with DNA MediClear Skin Lightening Wash twice (may leave second cleanse on for a few minutes). Rinse well and pat dry.
2) Optional: Use DNA MediClear Natural Cleansing Pads to degrease and prepare the skin for the peel. Avoid using if skin is sensitive. Especially effective for oily/acne skin.
3) Apply DNA Sal-Ionic Polymer Peel with either 2 cotton swabs or a 2x2 cotton pad. Start on the forehead making sure to apply an even application. Avoid the eye area, lips, and insides of the nostrils. Leave on for 1-2 minutes depending on the skin sensitivity, building up to 3-5 minutes as client tolerance increases (may use fan). Rinse well with cool water or may apply cool compresses for a few minutes.
• After 1-3 minutes salicylic acid has a natural anesthetic effect on the skin (more tolerated).
• May follow with DNA Antioxidant Hydro mask for 10-15 min or Cryostem ampoule.
• A white precipitate (crystallization of salicylic acid) may appear 30 seconds – 1 minute after application (not to be confused with frosting).
• If redness or excessive stinging occurs wash off immediately.
4) Apply DNA Sunsation SPF 15.
5) May repeat every week for up to 6 treatments.
6) Make sure the client/patient avoids the sun for at least 1 week and wears sun protection daily.
NOTE: Make sure the client/patient avoids the sun for at least 1 week and wears sun protection daily.
* DNA Sal-Ionic Polymer Peel may cause small amount of “micro” peeling that may last up to 3 days
100% Grain Alcohol, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose